Prep time: 40 mins
Cook time: 25 mins
Total time: 1 hour 5 mins
- 1 large sweet potato or yam (equivalent to 2 cups mashed)
- 3 eggs, whisked
- 3 tablespoons Coconut Flour
- 4-5 shrimp, cooked, diced small
- 3 tablespoons bacon fat, melted (or butter if you do dairy)
- 1 jalapeño, thinly diced
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 415 degrees.
- Pork holes in your sweet potato with a fork.
- Place in oven and bake for 30-40 or until soft.
- Once the sweet potato is done baking, turn oven down to 375 degrees.
- When your sweet potato is done, peel and place in a bowl and mash with a fork.
- Then add in your eggs and mix well with your sweet potato. Then add in your bacon fat and mix well.
- Then your dry ingredients: coconut flour, baking powder, garlic powder, and salt and pepper.
- Finally add your diced cooked and diced shrimp and jalapeños. Mix thoroughly
- Now line a baking sheet with parchment paper and use an ice cream scoop to drop your biscuits on the sheet, for the perfect shape. Try to make them all equal in size so they cook the same.
- Place in oven and bake for 22-27 minutes.
- Let rest.